Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Double Issues Part 7 of 7

It was exactly three days to Boma's birthday, when Mr. Bade called. He informed Tonye that Mr. Ray and his family were in town and needed to meet Boma. He had been keeping Tonye informed about the latest discoveries but pleaded with him to not tell Boma yet.
                    
Greg worked with Channels TV as a reporter. He needed a huge break that will spike his career and behold, he'd just come up with the good deal.
 "Look man, Nigerians have had a good bout of bad news reported from all angles. Take a look at this now, that Blue spring Saga was all over the media when it happened, and why shouldn't people get to hear the good part?" he asked Tonye.
 They were seating in the car, waiting for Boma, who was just rounding up at the salon.
 "Greg, I get your point. But remember it's someone's personal life. And her family may not like all the publicity."
"Oh Tonye, Ki lo sele nah, fun mi laye ejo, ah."
"I'll talk to Boma and Mr. Ray about it."
 "Please do."
 "Here she comes. Case closed."

Boma joined them. She looked breathtaking. Just a little polishing and Tonye could see the semblance with that girl he met at the airport two months ago. How blessed he was to be entwined in this whole story and in the life of this beauty.
 "Darn! You look so beautiful baby," he exclaimed coming out of the car to get a better view of her.
 "Boma da bomb! This is sizzling hot. T-boy don't touch it!" Greg stepped out of the car to make room for her.

"I've got good news for you babe." Tonye told her.
 "Spill it, Tee." she said, full of smiles.
 "It's so important, I can't just share it here. Please, my lady, where would you rather be, hearing this piece of news?" Tonye bowed as he asked.
 "Anywhere will do! Ok... How aboooout The Palms?" she asked.
 "The Palms it is, my lady." he bowed again and guided her to the passenger seat next to him.

********** *********** ***********

The Deolas were all excited about getting to meet Boma. Mr. Bade had updated them on all that Tonye had done for her and how he was expecting word from him, to know when they can see her.
 In the meantime, as they drove through town, coming from the Metro Car park, Nicole asked, "Can we go somewhere fun and exciting, Uncle Bade?"
 "And where would you like me to take you to, my dear?" he asked her.
 "I'll like to visit The Palms. I loved that place when I saw it on TV."
 "In that case, I'll drop off your Mom and Dad at home then we'll go there with my daughter, Wumni."
 "And who says we don't want to have fun too?" Mr. Ray asked winking at his wife.
 "Let's go there then." Bade said and they headed to The Palms Mall.

************ ************ ***********

Tonye and Boma walked hand-in-hand with Greg tagging along as they entered into The Palms cinema hall. The next movie, Megamind, would be up in fifteen minutes so they bought tickets and waited.

Mr. Bade drove into the park and soon all four of them were also headed into the Cinema section.
"We'll get you and your mom tickets." Mr. Ray said. "I and Uncle Bade will just have some drinks and talk.

Once inside the hall, Mr. Ray gave Nicole some money to get the tickets herself while he spoke with her mom.
 She went to the ticket stand to get tickets for the Movie, Megamind, which would be up in ten minutes.

"Sorry, didn't you just buy a ticket already?" the guy selling asked, looking at her like Are-you-confused.
 "I'm sorry, I just got here. Can I have my tickets." she replied politely and rolled her eyes.
 "But you did. You..." he was saying when Boma and crew walked past behind her and he saw them. "Is she your twin?"
 "Who?" and she turned around to look at the direction of his eyes. Then she saw Boma.

*******************************************

Boma just about that time spotted Mr. Ray who was just feets away talking to his wife. She froze.
 Then Mr. Bade appeared from nowhere and seeing her, called out her name out of excitement to get her attention.

Tess and Mr. Ray turned to see and there, right in front of them, stood the splitting image of their daughter. Boma was so overwhelmed with seeing Mr. Ray again, he also didn't wait for her to faint, and he just ran and carried her up, swinging her around.
"Tess! That's our daughter!" he screamed pointing at Boma as he dropped her down.
"Boma... Babyyy?" Tess said trembling as she came closer and held the puzzled Boma. "Oh my Babyyy".
 Tess hugged her crying, and almost everyone, even those that had movies to watch stood watching.

Only Tonye and Greg knew the reason why Boma appeared confused, not flowing in the excitement. Tonye hadn't gotten to chance to tell her anything yet. Today wasn't supposed to happen by his calculation. And where was Nicole?

Nicole stood from a distance, by the ticket stand watching the scene. All her life she never imagined dreams could come through like this one. So there was her twin sister, ha, she laughed quaking with tears.

"Where's Nicole?!" Mr. Ray suddenly asked. "Nicole!"
 And then it clicked in Boma's head what was happening and she looked around and saw Nicole, and after the few seconds it took to absorb the sight of who she was seeing, there was no need for explanations.

Crying, she ran towards her and gave her hug.
"Her twin Sister!" people whispered and exclaimed around them.

"Oh my God. I can't believe this is really happening." Nicole was saying as she took a good look at Boma. "You're my sister! Oh... God."
 Tess came over to hug them. And then Ray joined.
 Tonye, Greg, Mr. Bade and the rest of the onlookers just kept asking and gasping the ohhs and ahhs.

************* *************** *************

Word soon spread around the Palms that a family was just meeting their daughter, the second half of a twin, for the first time and a huge crowd started to gather.
 Greg wasn't going to miss his chance, he had already ran to the car to get his camcorder and was taking a video. Then he went over to Mr. Ray.
 "Hello sir, I'm a friend of Boma and a reporter for channels TV. Please can I get an interview?"
 Mr. Ray obliged him. Then he found Tonye to help him hold the camera.

"Hello viewers, we're right here at the Palms Cinema where something spectacular just happened. This family was amongst those affected by the Blue spring Medical Centre, which was closed down in 2000. Mr. Deola and his wife here, had a set of twins at the Blue spring Medical Centre, and hear directly from the family, what happened." Greg said and turned to Mr. Ray.

"I was made to believe we lost one of my twins at the hospital. I only found out recently, sixteen years after, that my daughter wasn't dead as they claimed, but alive. Thanks to the good Samaritan who rescued her from those evil doctors." Mr. Ray said, wiping his eyes.

Greg went to where Tess and the girls stood and continued.
 "Meet Tess, the mother of the twins." he spoke into the camera. Then he turned to her and sort her participation. "Please ma, tell us how you feel now?"
 Tess was crying, "I've met my daughter today. Can you believe I never knew she was alive all these years? Today, God has shown that he is not asleep. I'm so overwhelmed. My twins are alive and whole."

Then he went over to Boma and Nicole.
 "Girls. Today's your happy day." Greg said to them.
 "I'm so amazed. I came into Nigeria two days ago to meet my twin sister Boma and here she is. Isn't God amazing?" Nicole said, face stained with tears and makeup.
 "The story of my life couldn't get any better and twisted. I was brought up by my late uncle, my father's twin brother, who rescued me from that hospital, and I always thought he was my father. Today, I've met my biological parents and my twin sister. I'm just blessed."
 Boma said.
 "Yes. You've seen it, you've heard it. This family has reunited today thanks to one man, one hero, Mr. Richmond Kio of blessed memory, who dared to do right in Blue spring Medical Centre. And also to friends of the family members. I am Greg Adebayo, reporting for Channels TV." Greg concluded and gave Tonye a hi-five.

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment